Notifications
Clear all

one year only car  

RSS

josephsteffler
(@joe)
28/01/2018 11:12 am  

the 1967 beetle was a one year only car with about 40 things that made it special ...i restored two of them ...nightmare alley to find parts ....but anyways i found a 1967 single relief case that is year specific ...so i am rebuilding it ..but to everything there is always a hiccup ...case in point bought new p/c 1600cc or 85.5 mm rings come in case not on pistons ...two rings broken ....thank god i stock extras ...then put rings in cylinders no ring gap ....had to grinder to get ring gap ....then dist driver in wrong ...no case bolts 10mm ....then got some ...got the heads rebuilt ....put heads on pistons and used adjustable push rod tubes in nice blue aluminium ...blasted and painted a good aluminium front pulley then set end play ...found some good old german tin some j pipes and installed them ...down to finding a good 12 volt generator and shroud  and pict 30 carb and we are good to go .....so i will have a 1967 .....1600cc  single port engine ....was a really good time rebuilding this engine ...now isn't that what this is all about ....cya and may the vw force be with you ....

p

ghianowbug
(@ghianowbug)
29/01/2018 8:48 pm  

I believe that the 1600,s  came later.  Did not the  67s come with 1500 or 1300 cc the 85.5 were slip ins for the 1500 when they went to 1600. 

ReplyQuote
ghianowbug
(@ghianowbug)
29/01/2018 8:52 pm  
By the way i am working on a 68 euro bettle with sunroof and IRS rear end and it was built in Jan 68 and has some 67 parts like the seats which were lowbacks and the doors which have t he smaller interior grip and the indent on the outside 
for your hand by the handle is smaller. It also has a funky harzard light switch. I also got the rear window defroster (electric grid 

ReplyQuote
Share: